Comments on Teaching for
Success by Mark Fletcher
- Frank McNeil - Institute of Education,
University of London
- This excellent book provides a practical
workshop for any teacher who wants to consider new approaches to learning
and teaching. The author is well known for promoting fresh approaches to
teaching and his work is based on multiple forms of intelligence,
brain-friendly teaching, suggestopedia language work, accelerated learning
and neuro linguistic programming. Mark Fletcher has written an enjoyable
and informative book which values the importance of teachers and their
- Andrew Adonis - Prime Minister's Policy
unit, 10 Downing Street
- "Teaching for Success"; what a novel and
stimulating book it is!
- Eva Hoffman - Director, Learn to Learn
- It's truly friendly, flows easily and
pleasantly, and has everything teachers need to know. It certainly is the
best book for teachers I have read (and I have read quite a few...).
- Jane Arnold - Society for Effective
- This book has unquestionably done what I
look for books on teaching to do; it has given me information and
inspiration and has contributed to my "teaching for success".
- Peter Saladin - Teacher Trainer
- You managed indeed to sum up in a readable
and pleasurable way all the tools a teacher or learner needs to be
successful. And this in a straightforward and easy language.
- Susan Barduhn - President Elect IATEFL
- Inspiring - and you can quote me.
- Ken Beare - ESLguide About.com
- I'd like to congratulate you on your
fantastic book that impresses by the dense amount of theory presented in a
playful way, while at the same time giving teachers lots of exercises,
tips, and further materials for thought to put it all into practice. Quite
an achievement indeed!
- Chris Athey - British Library
- I found your book very interesting,
complex ideas and research findings made really accessible and fun to work
through like a work-book.
- Adrian Underhill - President
International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language.
- I think it's great and I have already
- Robin Cain - Review in English Teaching
- If you're interested in innovative
teaching methods and the new learning, and how it applies in the classroom
Teaching for Success is for you. It is a hands-on teachers' guide based on
the refreshing idea that learning should and can be organised to reflect
how humans learn.
- Professor Michael Barber - Head of
Standards and Effectiveness Unit, Department of Education and Employment
- (The book) makes a useful contribution to
the professional development resources available in the area of 'learning
- Gerald Haigh - Times Educational
- This a fun book for teachers with
activities that will illuminate their work... there's plenty of theory
alongside the fun and games.
- Toby Greany - Campaign for Learning
- Teaching for Success provides a
refreshingly lighthearted introduction to some of the underlying thinking
and practical applications of learning to learn for teachers, including
learning styles, multiple intelligences and NLR. Aimed at teacher's from
all disciplines the book is as much a 'thinking piece' as a handbook,
rightly so in a field that is constantly developing.